Ideas swimming around in my head after attending #NCCE2015
- Put in for funding to upgrade our version of Photoshop so students can design for the 3D printer
- Make another Infographic with Illustrator
- Purchase Sphero balls for Makerspace
- Plan out initial ideas for start-up incubator space
- Share Joe Dockery’s iPad Arts and Creation website with staff http://ipadography.weebly.com/
- Investigate Intel K-12 Blueprint toolkit resources – especially Active Learning Spaces http://www.k12blueprint.com/
- Participate in monthly #NCCE2015 Twitter chats
- Screencast some tutorials for Adobe Voice, Adobe Clip, Snapsneed, Trello
- Get a new stylus for sketchnotes!
At the #NCCE2015 conference I was surprised and honored to be selected as the NCCE 2015 Technology Educator of the Year. I have been attending or presenting at the NCCE conference for over 15 years and am thrilled to be part of this organization. I have seen it grown over the years to know include hands-on workshops bringing in innovative speakers and educators.
I have to first thank the administration and colleagues at La Salle Catholic College Preparatory. Ever since I received my Masters of Educational Technology from Pepperdine University, I have been seeking an educational environment that embraces technology and has a strong vision for student-centered learning.
La Salle Prep commits to a strong professional development for their faculty. I love that our faculty works together to grow professionally. We went 1:1 with iPads this year after three years of planning, collaborating, and working towards a common vision. Faculty members share iPad best practices, collaborate on common assessments, focus on questioning strategies, and plan for literacy development throughout the curriculum.
I also want to thank my educational technology community. My learning and teaching has been challenged by the experiences I have encountered throughout my career.
I accept this award and share it with all the educators I have met and worked with at:
And the various organizations that have shaped my teaching throughout my career:
Thanks also to Troxell Communications for sponsoring the award.