Taking Care of Your Mobile Device
Being a good digital citizen and a responsible member of the La Salle Prep community means students come to school prepared to learn. Students must take good care of their iPads and bring them to school each day:
- In good working condition.
- In a protected case that meets the school’s requirements.
- With sufficient storage available for school use.
- With the appropriate apps and textbooks installed.
- With the battery fully charged.
It is expected that students will care for their iPad during use and transportation. Students need to take ownership for his/her own digital property and should treat and use their iPads responsibly and appropriately.
- Use an iPad case that covers the corners.
- Clean your iPad with a soft cloth or consider using a screen protector.
- Do not place heavy objects on the screen.
- Store your iPad in a padded backpack or neoprene sleeve. Do not toss your backpack on the ground.
- Avoid getting your iPad wet or leaving it in a hot car.
La Salle Catholic College Preparatory takes no responsibility for stolen, lost or damaged iPads, including lost or corrupted data on the devices. While school employees will help studentsidentify how to keep iPads secure, students will have the final responsibility for securing their personal iPad. This equipment is the personal property of the student/parent and is subject to inspection in accordance with the Acceptable Use Policy if found or confiscated.
- Engrave your contact information on your iPad. Label accessories with your name.
- Lock your iPad in your locker when not using it. Keep your locker locked.
- Do not leave your iPad charging in an unsecure area.
- Install the Find My iPad app on your device.
- Keep your passcode private and do not lend your device to friends.
- Backup up your data to a computer or iCloud.
- Report your lost or stolen iPad to the school office immediately.
Members of The Tech Nest (La Salle’s student-run tech support group) created this video to remind you about some important tips for caring for your iPad.