Matt Montagne tagged me for the “Seven things you don’t know about me” meme.
1. I’m 1/2 French. My father was born in France and is the only one of his 10 brothers and sisters who lives in the US. My full name is Colette Marie LeChevallier – sounds like a French movie star, huh? No. I don’t speak French – I just know a little. I never got to spend an extended time there so I never really picked it up – plus we didn’t really speak it at home because my Mom wasn’t French. I desperately want to go sometime soon. I have about 50 first cousins (and their kid’s houses) to visit!!!
2. I originally wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher. In the past 20+ years I have taught every age (K-16) as a 6th & 3rd grade teacher, Reading Resource teacher, Librarian, adjunct professor and now a MS/HS Computer teacher. All of my teaching experience has been in parochial schools even though I never attended one growing up.
3. My sons (19 & 22) tease me endlessly about being a computer geek. When I was in class online during my Masters program at Pepperdine they would walk by my computer and say in a funny voice, “there’s Mom .. chatting online with her geeky friends”. Funny thing is … they both now are on Facebook all the time, have Tumblr blogs and one even is checking out Twitter.
4. I love peanut butter and chocolate. My favorite candy is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and I always have to check out the peanut butter pie if a restaurant serves it. Weird fact … high quality dark chocolate makes me sneeze … probably slightly allergic .. but it doesn’t stop me.
5. I love musicals. When I was little my sisters and I used to act out every scene from The Sound of Music. I really wanted to be Maria. Side note: When my older sister tried out for a community production of The Sound of Music, she was cast as the snooty nun who didn’t like Maria. We laughed so hard – perfect type cast.
6. I have two speeds: couch potato and maniac. I love to lay around on a lazy Saturday and read the paper, watch TV or just veg on the computer but watch out when I am in project mode. I can paint a room, work on a school or craft project for 20 hours straight.
7. I hate to admit it but I am addicted to diet soda. I really need to break this bad habit – it started in HS when I worked at a movie theater and could have soda and popcorn for free. Think of the money I would save!!
So that’s it .. my deepest secrets. Pretty boring, huh? Let’s see who can top me. I tag: