Insomnia strikes and I happened to get up early on Saturday morning and jumped onto Twitter — just in time for #CatholicEdChat. What a wonderful way to begin the weekend. I appreciate the leadership of Nancy Caramanico, Barb Gilman and Nick Senger for getting this going.
After introductions and sharing of activities of the week we began earnestly connecting with one another – talking about faith families, teacher-led PD, Noodletools , an 8th grade class blog, school-based edCamp, social justice themes with literature connections, sharing resources for going 1:1, discussing Google Apps for Education, Google Docs for Kids book, The Catholic School Standards Project, BYOD resources, daily prayer resources (see list below) and using iBooks Author to make a daily prayer book for iPad.
I requested daily prayer apps/ web resources that I could share with my teachers. Here are the results:
- iBreviary (free) for iPhone and iPad
- Laudate (free)
- 3 minute Retreat ($0.99)
- iMissal Catholic (Mass, Reading. Calendar, Lectionary) ($4.99)
- Sacred Space – http://www.sacredspace.ie/
- Pray-as-you-go – http://www.pray-as-you-go.org/ (Also a podcast)
- Divine Office – http://divineoffice.org/ (Podcast)
- Other6 – http://www.other6.com/
- Spontaneous Prayer blog post